I'm a farm-kid from Indiana. With no money for college, I enlisted in the Air Force as an IT Specialist. While on active-duty and working full-time, I finished my undergrad in Business (Magna Cum Laude), and my first masters degree (Public Administration).
Then the Air Force offered a direct commission as a USAF Officer (hospital administration) -- and I accepted.
As a USAF officer, I was lucky enough to serve as...
- CIO at a small community hospital
- Administrator of an Air Transportable Hospital (like an Air Force version of a M*A*S*H unit) during Desert Shield/Storm -- shot at and missed (see: "lucky")
- Deputy CIO at the USAF School of Healthcare Sciences
- Completed a second masters (MS in Health Informatics)
- CIO at the Air Force's Largest Regional Command (14 hospitals and clinics across the Southern US)
- CIO at one of the Air Force's largest Medical Centers
- COO for a USAF Expeditionary Medical Unit deployed to the Middle East supporting multi-national warfighters enforcing Iraqi No-Fly-Zone Operations (Operation Southern Watch)
- Chief Technology Officer for Air Force Health System's World-Wide Operations in Washington DC
After 20 years and 21 days of military service, I retired from the USAF and started a civilian career that's included CIO roles at Scripps Health, Seattle Children's, Steward Healthcare, and CEO of Next Wave Connect.
Over the past few years, I've been an independent consultant at drexio digital health & drexio innovation network.
It's been a crazy, lucky ride, and I've learned a ton. Now, I want to share my experience with you. How can I help?!
PS: That's Jackpot. He's a real dog, and you can follow him on Instagram. He's also the Chief Dog Officer at drexio and 3xDrex.
You are welcome to keep coming back here to see new content. However, a better option is to subscribe to 3xDrex -- three great articles, three times per week, sent directly to your texting machine. You will get updates on new posts and special content that is only available to my subscribers.
Text DREX to 484848, or...hit the link below.
Copyright © 2019 3xDrex - All Rights Reserved.